Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's talk...

I've been a huge fan of internet dating for the last couple of years. I'd rather filter out my basic requirements in a man without wasting perfectly good gas money driving to yet another meet and greet. Through my daily trolling, I've noticed some things that are not only an instant turn-off, but make me wonder why the heck some of these guys are even on a dating site. First impressions are everything. Yes, we all look at the pictures first, and there is nothing to be ashamed of in doing this. Would you normally approach a 5'2", squinty-eyed, bald guy with a handle bar mustache and a peg leg in bar? Online, you can at least go through those quickly, assuming they're being honest. I also get a good feel for a guy based on their grammar and command of the English language. I MAKE GOOD HUSBAND AND LOVER. I TAKE CARE OF MY WOMAN. I LIKE ME TO COOK WITH YOU. MOST OF LADIES LIKE MY DEEMPULS. Yeah, I'll pass on that one. Also, men who instant messages like a 13 year old girl, LOL! I WANNA C YOU! OMFG YOU ARE SOOOOO CUTE! No thanks.

People post the most ridiculous pictures of themselves, too. Head shots are the worst. The brooding, serious pictures are also annoying. Guys, if you're listening, you don't look even remotely sexy or alluring. You just look pissed off. Another photo that still amazes me are the ones of said guy with their ex or their minor children. Really? Why do I need to see how happy you looked when you were with another woman? And nix the kiddy pics. I'd rather see you walking on the beach or rescuing a puppy from a burning building. And unemployed men don't need to apply. The last thing I need is to hook up with someone in a worse place than I am financially. One guy told me he was actually happy being a bum and living off of unemployment. He was totally relaxed and content eating Frosted Flakes in bed and watching Dr. Phil every day. Again, no thank you.

For those of you haven't embarked on the world wide web dating train, I urge you to give it a try, if for nothing more than entertainment. There are several you can search and communicate on that are free, and more that allow you to search but not initiate contact unless you're a paid member. You never know. Companionship may be just a hop, skip and a click away.

No comments:

Post a Comment